Friday, November 19, 2010

Bruce Springsteen ...

(Apologies, I'm not sure who took
 this photo. Sadly, it wasn't me!)

Before you raise an eyebrow, this really is a diner post!
 
Without gushing too much, Bruce Springsteen is one of my all time fav musicians.

I was researching an idea for a post when I came across this black & white photo of Springsteen.  It reminded me roadside landmarks often show up in his videos.

Image taken from The Roadside Diner
website
Most recently, the music video for "Girls In Their Summer Clothes" was partially filmed in The Roadside Diner, Wall, NJ. The Roadside was manufactured by the Silk City company in either the 40s or the 50s. Does anyone know for sure?

Either way, it looks to be a "must stop at" the next time you're in Jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment