Tuesday, November 16, 2010

And so it continues ...

I started this blog as an assignment for a writing seminar. My class wraps up this week and I’m looking forward to maintaining Dishin’ About Diners. I’ve decide to treat the blog as my virtual scrapbook until I can sort out 20 years of paraphernalia and turn it into the ‘coffee table’ scrapbook that I’ve been dreaming of making.

That being said, now I wish I’d taken better notes – marking down all manufacturing info, history and details of where the diners are today. Luckily, Randy Garbin’s Diner Finder is a premium resource. I’m sure you’ll see a few posts ask for your help in remembering. Especially since some of the diners I’ve photographed are no longer in operation or (gasp) “updated” with mansard roofs, “retro” pink & black color schemes and Velvet Elvis paintings … what could be worse??

So thanks for coming along for the ride. I hope along the way my posts will make you smile, bring back a memory or inspire you to take the next exit when looking for a meal instead of rushing down the interstate, buzzing through a drive thru.

Look for Wordless Wednesdays to showcase some of my fav photos. Mondays and Fridays will have a story, a recipe, maybe even a question or two. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment