Monday, December 6, 2010

Is It A Diner - Nantucket, Massachusetts?

On the heels of Friday's post, I have a question .... does anyone know if this building is a diner or a dining car?



We were in Nantucket for the weekend for their Christmas Stroll. The Island has hosted it for the past 37 years, but this was my first 'Stroll'. Lots of fun!







The Coast Guard helps Santa out by giving him a ride to the Island on one of their boats. (Evidently reindeers can't swim.)






The restaurant was closed for the winter, so I guess I'll have to head back for Daffy Days in April. A weekend dedicated to yellow. Anyone interested?

2 comments:

  1. Paula, this is an actual retired Railroad car which was part of a railroad that ran on the island. It used to be called the Club Car Restaurant. I have been showing this in my slide show for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I had a feeling. We couldn't get inside because it was closed for the winter.

    ReplyDelete